The RC4000 Rescue Craft from MFC International is designed to meet the performance criteria of a conventional Inflatable flood rescue boat, while providing the shallow draft and ease of transportation of a rescue sled. The inflatable four-meter design incorporates twin keels with the rigid inflatable floor.
Used with a 2 or 4 stroke short shaft outboard motor, the RC4000 is capable of making headway in strong currents while the twin keels ensure excellent manoeuvrability. It can be towed or line controlled with or without the motor fitted and is light enough for the crew to carry it to a suitable launch point.
When deflated the Rescue Craft packs into a carry bag small enough to fit it together with the motor in the back of a small van or a conventional family hatchback with the rear seats dropped.
The RC4000 is fitted with a range of extra control line points and grab handles and its length makes it highly manoeuvrable, while its generous internal dimensions provide far greater space for occupants than a comparable sized IRB.
The RC4000 can carry up to 10 people, or a rescue crew of four, with plenty of room for equipment.
• Suitable for use with 2 or 4 stroke short shaft outboard motors up to 30hp (max weight 65kg)
• Easy handling requires less crew effort
• Can be deflated and stored in a carrying valise. The boat, motor and the crew PPE equipment will fit in the back of a small van, therefore no need for a trailer, can be carried by 2-3 people
• Rapid inflation and deployment (less than 5 minutes)
• Fitted with central bow towing point and bridal attachment points. Additional towing points are fitted onto the transom
• The large usable deck area allows up to 10 people or 800Kg of equipment to be carried
• The flat front provides easier bow boarding and a greater usable interior space
• Wide beam gives excellent stability and increases floor area
• Self-filling/draining water ballast chambers on the outboard side of each keel help to increase low speed lateral stability in choppy waters and act as counterbalance when recovering a casualty over the side tube.
• Will operate in 10 cm of water without the motor fitted and can also be manoeuvred in shallow water by persons walking alongside
• With motor fitted it is suitable for use in shallow water >40cm (depending on the outboard engine)
• Twin keel design produces minimal wake, reducing potential damage to river banks and offers excellent manoeuvrability
• Internal control line rings are provided for use with the bow and stern towing points for tandem boat operations
• A high volume drain sleeve is fitted to the transom in addition to drain plug
• River rescue
• Coastal and urban flood recovery
• Casualty recovery
• Shallow water rescue
|No. of Persons||10|
|Tube Diameter (cm)||48|
|Air Requirements (ltr)||3000|
|Working Pressure - Tube (bar)||0.2|
|Working Pressure - Floor (bar)||0.4|
|Pack Size (cm)||140 x 50 x 35|
|Est. Weight (kg)||53|
|Max. Engine, Short Shaft (hp)||25 / 30|
|Max. Engine Weight (kg)||65|
|Recommended Regulator||8 bar|