The Fire Hose Inflation Kit provides a front line, first response solution for water rescue where the casualty is conscious and able to help themselves during rescue.
This compact, robust kit can be deployed in seconds with ordinary fire hose and used in a number of different water rescue techniques. To use, simply connect the required lengths of hose together, fit the couplings from the kit to the ends of the hose system, and inflate. The system can then be deployed in various ways, depending on the prevailing conditions:
Line retrieval - The hose can be directed from a safe land position towards a conscious casualty and can then be retrieved with the casualty in tow.
Boom rescue - Used on flowing water, the inflated hose can be positioned at an angle across the flow to provide a buoyant lifeline for waterborne casualties. The angled boom allows a safe, controlled route to safety.
Alternatively, a line can be attached to the coupling and thrown to the opposite bank to provide a dam to catch casualties coming down in fast flowing water. It can also be used to contain small amounts of oil floating on the water surface.
- Quick to deploy
- Versatile - use in a variety of methods depending on the situation
- Regulator provided features glycerin-filled dials for protection
- Supplied in a compact, portable case
- Shut-off cap/coupling with locking pin prevents accidental release
- Also available supplied in a kit bag without control equipment
- End cap provided for use in dark conditions
The kit consists of the following components:
- Cylinder Regulator
- Hand-held controller
- Delivery & inflation hoses
- Inflation cap
- End cap with locking pin to prevent accidental release and high visibility grab loop